Wednesday 21 March 2012

What to do? - part 2 -


Today I played some more with the problem jumper: joined the sides higher up, straightened the buttons in a vertical line from that point, added a belt and a scarf. This is what I do when I'm confused: add stuff, rather than follow the principle of less is more.

To what result? Well, I think this might work provided that the belt is finer and of a colour that actually matches the buttons. This one belongs to a chunkier jacket and that shows. The bow in the scarf could sit lower and be slightly smaller. It is rather a fluffy bow too, but then a scarf of a stiffer fabric would show through the knit...


As you see , I am still looking for ideas and exploring possibilities, and I haven't made my mind about what to do...
Let go, it doesn't fit - it's been suggested in the comments section of the last post. Maybe, if I decide there's nothing that can be done about it. It could well be the less painful option on the long run. 
On the other side, the obvious sadly eludes me sometimes, and I have a propensity towards sweating a lot at trying to make something work before I do give up. Which means waste of time and energy...but what can I do if I'm a mule!
However obstinate I may be, the shoulder/underarm area clearly needs work and perhaps of large enough scale...so a chat with mum is coming next, to see what the options really are.



9 comments:

  1. hi.. my humble opinion, nr. 1 wasn't bad at all....
    ciao ciao Christa from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it this way!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it a lot this way! A belt made a big difference in my opinion! And I love the scarf bow detail. Really clever use of the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the autumnal hues in this timeless outfit, and can't decide which I like more, the sweater or the delightful pumpkin coloured shoes. You look so sweet and beautiful.

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my black and blue outfit post yesterday, I sincerely appreciate it.

    Wishing you a stellar Tuesday,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think adding the belt was a great idea, but the bow is a bit low in my opinion. How about moving it up a few inches? Either way, the sweater is great! Keep us updated on it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hate when knitting patterns don't turn out like you want. I think this looks great how you've accessorised it! Fab photos, you look gorgeous! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh I totally love your blog, glad I found it! :D

    ReplyDelete