Wednesday 14 March 2012

Lollipop


Each year the same story: I find winter OK in December, try to be reasonable about it in January - after all it is only mid season -, somehow bear through February, and by March I am at the end of my tether. Simply can't take the cold and greyness any more. As much as I love spring, this isn't exactly it. So far we had 2 or 3 sunny days in March, and for the rest what I call "cement weather". 
Today started pretty much along those lines, but for some shy rays making a weak statement mid day, however the afternoon turned out positively sunny. So I pretended it was warm enough for short sleeve (it wasn't, my sore throat is the proof of that) and took some photos of the latest knit projects completed by mum. 


Here is one of them, in a lovely pink and cream Shetland wool. 
The idea of this project dates a while back, and but the time it was finished I had forgotten how the original pattern looked like. 
I notice now I didn't do my collar up like in the original image - I shall try that next time I wear the blouse, to see how it sits. 




I am pleased with this, it's a sweet little blouse, if anything I would have liked the waist band tighter - mine just hangs there, as opposed to really hugging the waist, but hey, I think I'll live with that. I believe it was a happy choice of colour too, and if anyone thinks I look like a lollipop, so be it. At least I said it first :)




12 comments:

  1. Your mother is a wonder! I can't believe how FAST she churns sweaters out for you!

    If you want the waistband a little tighter, you could try threading some round cord elastic at the top of the waistband maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! Mother is pretty productive, this is from a lot of 4 she's made in 2 months or so. I keep telling her not to treat it like a production line, but she maintains it is an entertainment...sounds more like very hard work to me, but there is no telling mum. There isn't much to do for her during the cold winter months, but now that the spring comes she will focus more on the garden and less on me until next October or so!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Beautiful jumper.

    I know what you mean about being sick of winter. I lived in Russia for part of last year, and it was already getting down to zero in September, so I can't even remember what it's like to go out without a coat! I'm in Germany right now and it's warming up icely over here... where are you?

    Love,

    Emy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am placed in South West England, so with far less to complain weather wise than many others. Still, I am good at complaining :).

      Delete
    2. You certainly do! I grew up in Sheffield, we used to come down to the South West for a sunny holiday!

      Delete
    3. Ha ha, it must have been more to the South...:)

      Delete
    4. I guess it all depends on one's expectations. While I am conscious that I live in an area with fairly acceptable weather overall, this applies to the expectations one has from British weather. The thing is, I'm not British. I am used to a lot more sun and light, be it summer or winter. And while I enjoy the mildness of the climate here, I really miss the more defined seasons back home in Romania, and most of all the sunny and high skies!

      Delete
  3. What a cutie! Definitely your colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! That color is so wonderful!!!
    The weather here has become discouragingly winter-esque, but I continue to wear my brightest, lightest spring garb... it does help to bolster my spirits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, I am glad you like it, I certainly do. Can't wait for the weather to be a bit warmer to actually wear it outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely amazing, I adore your creation it's gorgeous and the colours are lovely! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete