Tuesday 15 November 2011

Red seams


This is how my cardigan from the previous post was supposed to turn out.
Only that it didn't :).  It turned out like this:
Not only is it a lot longer but it forms an unfortunate gap in the middle of the bust. I will try and resew the buttons to see if I can overcome this problem.
Here I have folded it in on the inside to get closer to the wanted length.


I have actually taken these pics in order to prove to my mother, who has knitted it for me, that things are not really that bad (she wasn't chuffed when she saw it first time around) but I'm afraid I'm falling rather flat.
Mum is still not happy with it at all, and will redo it for me in the summer when I go home.
 
Since it seemed that I needed a little bit more than funny faces to "work" this, I thought I'd try these seamed tights I bought a while back but never gave a go. Not at all authentic, I know, but fun nevertheless.

5 comments:

  1. let me just say, that as a knitter, i am super impressed with that sweater! tell your mom she's better than i am! haha!!

    and where on earth did you get those stockings! so cute!

    xo~jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    The tights are from TK Maxx, and I think the brand is Aristoc if I remember well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen red seams, they look fantastic! And I love your hairstyle too!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardigan is really lovely.
    If I only could knit like you! It would be amazing if I was such good knitter:)
    I wish to knit some vintage cardigan as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, but it is my mother who is the knitter. I am myself pretty useless. Except, of course, for the VISION :)

    ReplyDelete