Sunday 21 November 2010

There's something about bookends

1930's bookends from vintagespecial on etsy

There's something about bookends that conveys to me the coziness and protective grounds of a proper home.
The time spent with the books not only to read them but to look after them surely must show for a soundness of character.
The sheer exhilaration of plunging in world after world other than your own (oh how I could write hymns to escapism) only comes once one has taken firm steps to lock outside the crazy pace of what we overrate as reality. Then comes the quiet happiness of showcasing them, these soul and mind feeders. It's a way to delimitate a personal corner that shows a certain degree of self respect. Or so I imagine.
Needless to say I'm lacking bookends in my life altogether.


Stag bookends from HydrangeaRow on etsy


Art deco bookends from englishpreserves on etsy


1940's acorn bookends from JaysTreasures on etsy


Mid century elephant bookends from fieldsofsea on etsy


Comedy and tragedy bookends from thevintagehideaway on etsy


Copper deco horse bookends, now sold, from oldandwise on etsy


4 comments:

  1. I love bookends, too. Thanks for including mine in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully Done Thanks for Including Mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What a lovely collection!
    My Art Deco bookends are in great company!
    I love the acorns and the stag bookends - so charming and so vintage, too.
    Thank you so much for the lovely feature!
    I will repay your kindness very soon!
    xxx
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete